Last Updated on
Choosing a hosting can be a drawn out process. There has an excess number of web hosts in the marketplace today. Hostgator vs Bluehost is among the leaders at the top of all other names in the business. They are probably the oldest names in the hosting industry and have become synonymous with all things about web hosting services and website building. However, if you have decided to start a website in any capacity, it is important to know what ammunition your web hosts company will bring to you.
Our BlueHost vs. HostGator Comparison -Which one is better in 2017 will help you to notice whether BlueHost or HostGator is the best host for you. In this review, we have added every detail, their offers, special features and pricing, a variety of services to provide customers and much more about these hosting company.
- Since HostGator was founded in 2002 in Boca Raton, Florida, and they have been the fastest growing shared and reseller hosting company in the world.
- Hostgator is accredited with an A+ is the best and highest BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating and many awards and accolades under their belt, including award-winning support.
- They employ close to 1000 employees and have recently been gained by EIG (Endurance International Group).
- Bluehost was founded in 2003 and has continually innovated new ways to deliver on their services and has become one of the most popular hosting brands in the market.
- They have hosted over a couple million domains worldwide, and the number of customers is rising rapidly by a factor of close to 20,000 per month.
- Bluehost is also one of EIG’s (Endurance International Group) many brands and has been in the business of supporting the institution of small online ventures since starting in 2003.
Important Features and Pricing
- Starts at $6.36 p/month
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- One domain allowed
- Free website builder
- 24/7 customer support
- Unlimited e-mail features
- Instant backups
- 9 percent uptime guarantee
- $100 free Google Adwords credits
- 3 Basic shared hosting plans: Hatchling, Baby and Business.
- Users have the option of paying monthly.
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- Unlimited MySQL accounts
- 45-day money back guarantee
- 1 Click WordPress installation
- No contract
- Starts at $6.95 p/month
- 3 Basic shared hosting plans: Starter, Plus and Business Pro.
- Although the pricing is calculated monthly, they require a yearly commitment from their users.
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Unlimited hosting space
- Free domain forever
- Unlimited file transfer
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free Website builder
- Free Website templates
- Secure shell, SSL, FTP
- CGI, Ruby (ROR), Pearl, PHP, MySQL
- Free $75 Google Credit
- 9 percent network uptime guarantee
- Free instant setup
- No hidden fees
- Anytime money back guarantee
- 1 Click WordPress installation
These two hosting companies are mostly on the same level with performance. This is where they overcome and have truly raised the bar for their competition.
- According to various Pingdom surveys regarding the response time of sites hosted on Hostgator vs Bluehost, they found that: Hostgator hosted sites loaded time at an average of 1.2 specs.
- Hostgator is an extremely reliable and accurate hosting service provider and their uptime is about: 99.99%
- They have automatic weekly data updates service.
- They are providing strong email services that allow for unlimited email accounts, auto responders, mail lists, aliases and mail forwards. They have a fabulous spam filter and you can receive an email to your phone.
- A Survey said: Sites hosted on BlueHost took an average of 5.4 seconds to load.
- Bluehost also a reliable hosting service provider and they also guaranteed 99.99% uptime.
- They are providing automated backups on a weekly basis are included with no extra cost.
- Like Hostgator, they have powerful webmail services that enable sending and receiving an email from all devices, unlimited email accounts, advanced Anti-Spam protection, and email forwarding features.
This is a really close battle. They are providing coupon code occasionally to grab more customers. These two hosting companies are best in the market and also reliability for best speed, support, integrations, transfers or offers, discounts and more. Choosing the one that is right for the individual or company is the best way to find a company that fits your needs.
Hey, Its Shamim – the man behind this blog. Thanks for reading the article above and glad to see that you just have come so far below this page. 😛 I work late at night for LateNightBirds as my IM team works at day. 🙂 Subscribe to get SEO & Marketing resources & hacks once a week to your inbox (Find the box somewhere :D). Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and on YouTube.