Last Updated on
Running a digital marketing campaign has become an integral part of most marketing campaigns. Digital marketing spending is increasing every day. In addition, digital marketing will take over all forms of conventional marketing soon. We all know that Internet marketing industry is now bigger than that of newspapers.
According to a report from eMarketer that Internet advertising spending will overtake newspaper TV spending by the end of this year, 2017. The revenue is overwhelming too. It is going to be $72.09 billion spent on digital ads in the US.
So, how does it open the door for you?
If you are a well-informed digital marketer, you can brace yourself for the immense opportunities. The opportunities are endless and potential to boost your career is robust.
Just take a look at the following statistics:
- Facebook registered more than $6.8 billion in revenue in Q3 2016 alone
- Twitter racked up $545 million in social media advertising in the same year
- Snapchat sold almost $367 million in social ads in 2016
- Total social media spending exceeded $32.97 billion in 2016
With so many choices, which social media platform should you choose?
Below is the guide that tailors the most popular social media platforms based on your needs:
- Ad Formats: Facebook offers different types of ad formats.
- Photo Ads: Facebook has certain technical specifications that vary as per the type of your ads. So, check out Facebook Business to learn about Facebook photo ads in detail.
In general, a photo ad on Facebook will offer a headline containing up to 25 characters, 90 characters of test. You can insert a link description with no more than 30 characters. You may be able to ad a call to action (CTA) button too.
- Video Ads: a video ad is similar to a photo ad in terms of character counts. The aspect ratio of a video ad is dependent on the campaign objective, but 16:9 or 1:1 is preferred.
- Audience & Targeting: the targeting options of Facebook ads are truly unbelievable. You can tune your ad by virtually every targeting metric you can imagine. You can target your ad based on age, location, language and gender.
Below is a detailed discussion on Facebook’s targeting options:
- Demographics: This targeting option is extremely effective in making your ads more data-driven. You can filter your ad through nine demographic categories, which include ethnic affinity, education, generation, life events, household composition, parenting, relationship, work and politics (The US only).
- Interests: what interests your target audience? A couple of years ago, you would have to move from home to home surveying your audience for it. However, Facebook will deliver extensive data on your target audience’s interests through their social media activity. Interests can be broken down into nine different categories.
The categories concern entertainment, business and industry, fitness and wellness, family and relationships, hobbies and activities, shopping and fashion, technology, sports and outdoors, food and drink.
- Facebook Ads Pricing: Facebook’s pricing for ads varies depending on the country you are targeting, the time of year and the quality of your ads.
- Ad Types: there are different types of Twitter ads. You can sign up for Promoted Trends, Promoted Accounts and Promoted Tweets. Each format of ads helps you promote your Twitter-related activities across the various spectra of the audience.
- Audience & Targeting: with Twitter ads, you will enjoy high-level targeting. You can reach your target audience based on their location, gender, platform, device, language and even carrier.
Moreover, you can sharpen targeting by the keywords they Tweet, the specific TV shows they Tweet about, their interests in specific events and of course their interests.
- Pricing: similar to Facebook, Twitter ads depend on the ad type. Promoted Tweets and accounts will cost you around 50 cents to $10 or more.
- Ad Types: Facebook owns Instagram. Therefore, Instagram offers ad types similar to Facebook’s. Instagram also caters for a number of ad objectives.
- Audience & Targeting: similar to Facebook, you can target your audience based on their demographics, interests, genders, etc.
Digital marketing continues to be an important part for the survival of small and large businesses alike. In this article, I talked about how you can start your social media marketing campaign easily.
Hey, Its Shamim – the man behind this blog. Thanks for reading the article above and glad to see that you just have come so far below this page. 😛 I work late at night for LateNightBirds as my IM team works at day. 🙂 Subscribe to get SEO & Marketing resources & hacks once a week to your inbox (Find the box somewhere :D). Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and on YouTube.